Is there a cure for tinnitus?
Since tinnitus is normally a symptom of an underlying condition, be it sensorineural hearing loss or circulatory disorder, it can only improve if the fundamental problem is treated successfully. However, for millions of sufferers the condition causing tinnitus cannot be identified or is incurable itself. In these cases, treating the symptom directly or learning to live with the irritating sound may be the only tinnitus remedies available.
Some tinnitus treatment options include the following:
- Reduce dosages of medications known to cause tinnitus (or eliminate them entirely, if possible)
- Have excessive earwax removed by a hearing care professional
- Sleep with a white noise generator in the room to counter the ringing or buzzing in your ears
- Take medications to alleviate stress and anxiety brought on by tinnitus
Many tinnitus patients benefit from wearing hearing aids.
Hearing aids with tinnitus therapy features divert attention away from disturbing tinnitus sounds. They make it easier to listen to external sounds instead of permanently concentrating on annoying internal noises. The therapeutic sounds emitted by the hearing aids draw focus away from tinnitus.
Hyperacusis is a condition that causes certain environmental sounds to be perceived as painfully loud. Thanks to their flexible programming, some Siemens hearing aids can be used for hyperacusis treatment and provide comfort to wearers.
The tinnitus feature in our BestSound Technology has many advanced features.
The improved tinnitus therapy feature included in our BestSound® Technology includes:
- Separate therapy signal generator
- 8 pre-programmed therapy signals:
- four synthetic signals: white noise, pink noise, speech noise, and high-tone noise
- four ocean wave signal: sandy beach, pebble beach, rocky beach, and boulder beach*
- Individual fine-tuning of tinnitus therapy signal in all channels
- Three operating modes: microphone only signal, tinnitus therapy signal only, mixed mode
Siemens hearing aids with the tinnitus therapy feature can be used as hearing aids alone or in combination with a tinnitus therapy signal. Using Ace™, Pure®, Carat™, Aquaris™, Motion®, Siemens Life™, Insio™, Nitro® or Orion™ for tinnitus therapy, you can choose from eight different therapy signals. Your hearing care professional can adjust the therapy signal to precisely suit your requirements. It diverts attention from the annoying effects of tinnitus and makes it easier to focus on external sounds — reducing strain and helping provide a more peaceful state of mind.
*Available on select models.Check with your hearing care professional for compatible models.
Explore our tinnitus therapy signals.
Preview our eight different tinnitus therapy signals by clicking play on the audio files below:
White noise signal
Pink noise signal
Speech noise signal
High-tone noise signal
Sandy beach signal
Pebble beach signal
Rocky beach signal